“You get what you pay for” is often a true statement but not always! There are many very pricey OTC (Over The Counter) products that don’t produce the results they suggest. Our policy at New Image about products is this: If the product line you are using is providing the results that you want, then stick with it. But when you tell me you have used a particular product for six months or more and still have issues with your skin that you don’t like, then I would suggest you consider stepping into the physician-grade skincare lines.
And while it might be a bigger bite out of your budget than you’re used to you will get a higher percentage of active ingredients that are clinically proven (via trials and studies) to bring change at the cellular level which is what we need. As we are “blessed with more years” our skin doesn’t regenerate like it used to, and the more exposure we have to ultraviolet rays the more we experience cellular level skin damage.
We carry two different physician grade lines that are backed by clinical trials and research that show positive changes in the skin. These lines are not sold over the counter because they have more than 4% of some important active ingredients. So, you may have heard me say, OTC products can be good with some healthy active ingredients in them but generally the percentage will be less than a physician grade line, and as a result, the product is less effective.
This is a line developed by a physician who was at the forefront of laser treatments in the ‘90’s. That’s why they’ve dedicated years of research to formulating advanced skin care products that rejuvenate skin based on the wound healing properties of our skin. Here’s an example of some of the results plus a couple of my favorites from this line:
- Dermal Repair – Developed to replace and maintain lost moisture in the skin with multiple antioxidants and humectants (a substance to replace moisture) needed. A luxurious level four moisturizer is especially good for more mature skin that has years of being dehydrated from assaults by the sun.
- TNS Essential Serum – With more clinical studies than any other growth factor product in the market today, this all-in-one skin rejuvenating treatment improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, skin tone, and texture.
- Alastin SkinCare
This is a newer line that scientists have developed using a patent-pending TriHex Technology® which is incorporated into both product lines that they offer and is based on a deep understanding of the skin’s extracellular matrix (ECM). TriHex Technology is a proprietary blend of peptides and other key ingredients that enhance the health of the skin by helping to clear the damaged, aged proteins in the skin’s ECM.The technology also helps to support the production of elastin and collagen, modulate inflammation, facilitate recovery and maintain the overall effect of a rejuvenating procedure over time. They are designed to strengthen the skin, address anti-aging concerns, and protect the skin from further damage. Here’s an example of some of the results and our favorite products:
- Alastin Regenerating Skin Nectar – Helps clear damage and debris in the ECM, supports new elastin and collagen, and high antioxidants help calm the skin and reduce the appearance of redness. The best for post-procedure skin or skin that is prone to redness.
- Alastin Restorative Skin Complex – Helps support the skin’s natural ability to produce new, healthy elastin and collagen, restores volume to plump up thinning skin, improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, potent antioxidants help protect the skin from further damage, and helps even skin tone. On the other side of 40? This is for you!
- Renewal Retinol – Diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, smooths skin texture and helps improve skin tone, anti-irritants, and antioxidants calm sensitive skin, potent hydrators protect against skin dehydration. Everyone needs one of these!
- Hydratint Pro Mineral Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 36 – All physical, lightweight formulation, Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection, environmental pollution protection, and universal tint enhance most skin tones. I love this! Rarely do I go a day without it and it lasts for 8+ months!
There are more to these lines but this gives you a sneak peek of what is available. Each individual has to determine the value to them of investing in supporting their skin. But we can say without a doubt it is worth the dollars!
Not sure what you can or should do to achieve better skin support and health? Come on in and we’ll tailor a product regimen that will work best for your lifestyle.