A picture is worth a thousand words, right? You can see before and after photos on our results page, as well as at the Laser Center in our picture books. And while you might like what you see, it can be hard to fully understand what was involved in getting them from the before to the after.
In other words, what was the journey required to get there? We have seen amazing before and afters every day for the past ten years, but I’d like to give you a step-by-step depiction of the treatments and products used in the process for three different clients. Because then you will have the whole story! Let us know if this is helpful for you:)
1. Brownie Buster and Wrinkle Reducer!
This photo shows sun damage in the form of what I call “brownies” (AKA freckles) or even age spots. Here’s her custom treatment plan:
- Botox to deal with the lines on her forehead and around her eyes – giving her a slight eyebrow lift
- BBL (Broadband Light Treatment) to “bust the brownies” up and allow her skin to naturally exfoliate them over a 7-10 day timeframe.
Voluma and Juvederm to replace volume loss in her cheeks. Voluma is the two-year cheek lifter and Juvederm is a great filler to put the plump back into her cheeks.
The results speak for themselves-a brighter, more energized, and youthful appearance!
Her Customized Maintenance Plan:
To maintain these results, Dr. Madsen and I recommend that she consistently use a high-quality, preferably physician-grade, sunscreen:
- Repeat the BBL every one to two years.
- Of course, Botox is repeated when the movement begins to return, about every three to four months.
- Filler may need to be boosted in one to two years.
You’re probably thinking, “I have to repeat this!?” Yes, these are not “one and done” treatments, as the aging clock and exposure to ultraviolet light marches on.
2. Redefining Facial Structure and Enhancing Tone
Years of enjoying the sun and living life brought this beautiful lady to the before; showing lines, volume loss in her cheeks and around her mouth, nearly non-existent eyebrows, and sun damaged skin with a dull tone. Here’s her custom treatment plan:
- Botox to reduce the lines on her forehead and “open her eyes” reducing the lines around them
- Juvederm to replace lost volume around her mouth and to replace lost lip volume
- Voluma and Juvederm in her cheeks to bring back the lift and fullness, while also reducing dark under eye
- BBL and 2 Halo Pro treatments to “lose the brownies,” smooth, thicken and brighten her skin!
- Alastin was the recommended skincare she used through the healing process and in between the two treatments to help support her fresh new skin to get an amazing result! (P.S. Also note that she had permanent make-up applied to replace her lost eyebrows! This makes such a difference and truly completes the transformation! This is not done at New Image).I love this transformation because it shows the possibilities and the importance of not losing our eyebrows which frame the eyes that are now more open! She still enjoys outdoor activities but is much more attentive and careful with regular sunscreen and hats to protect her new youthful skin!Her Customized Maintenance Plan:
To maintain these results pretty much dittos the above:
- As well as her physician-grade sunscreen and hats when possible, we recommend strengthening that newly resurfaced skin with Alastin Restorative Skin Complex.
- Protect the skin with a light sheer layer of Alastin Hydratint which not only gives a bit of color but also sun screens AND helps keep your skin moisturized!
- To keep movement lines at a minimum, repeat Botox treatments every 3-4 months, or as she notices the movement, which may be longer than that.
- Repeat fillers as the replaced volume is metabolized. It is an ongoing project to push back the evidence of the “blessing of more years,” but it’s totally worth it!
3. Complete Skin Transformation
Since many of you comment on my skin transformation, I will review it as well!
The photos in the book at the clinic are from 2008 and 2010, and today we have added 2018-10 years later! I often wonder where I would be if we had not ventured down this path of aesthetic treatments. Yes, ladies, it is a blessing to be married to an aesthetic doctor! (Honestly, though, that’s just a tiny part of why he is amazing!)
In 2008, at the age of 51, you can see the extreme volume loss around my mouth creating deep lines and the beginning of cheek loss. Add to that the sun damage (brownies), sallow, dull skin tone, and crazy lines on my forehead and around my eyes!
Here’s my custom treatment and maintenance plan:
- Botox came first, which I have maintained for 10 years, with treatments three times a year (most recently I tried Xeomin for the first time, and it appears to be working just fine. I’ll let you know the longevity later as I just had it three weeks ago).
- BBL was the next treatment added to reduce the brownies! I have repeated these every year or two since then and as you can see in my recent photo. . .it’s time for my annual BBL! It’s a little over a year since my last one! We can reduce the evidence of our sun activities, but it is not permanent as long as you continue to be exposed to ultraviolet light…and we will!
- Microlaserpeel/Profraction – I have had a couple of the former resurfacing treatments we did called microlaserpeel/profraction to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, thicken the skin by stimulating collagen and reduce the dullness of the skin tone. Quite a process but well worth it!
- Halo Pro – We now do Halo Pro, which I have had done twice in the last year (check out the blog about that from earlier this year if you missed it). Halo Pro is known to bring the brightness of youthful skin back, and it does!!
- Juvederm – I have had Juvederm fillers around my mouth to bring volume back, as well as my lips (they were disappearing!!) and in my cheeks to bring the lift back plus maintain the heart shape that is very complimentary to a woman’s face.
- Alastin – Last but definitely not least, I have used physician-grade skin care since 2008, starting with SkinMedica and most recently using Alastin. It is a no-brainer that we need to protect our skin with daily sunscreen and hats when out in extreme sun for prolonged periods. But we also need to support it with products that have enough active ingredients to make a difference. I don’t wear foundation makeup on a daily basis, but use the Alastin Hydratint product with is a tinted sunscreen that also has antioxidant ingredients to help prevent transdermal water loss.
- Hydrafacial – A hydrafacial is a wonderful hydrating treatment that also helps replace lost hydration while cleaning out the pores, brightening and adding a wonderful antioxidant serum. I get these not nearly enough! (P.S. I don’t tan. Ultraviolet damage is not pretty, and I don’t need to encourage the wrinkle process that I work hard to keep slowed down. I advise our clients to cover their face if they must tan their body).
So, there you have it! At 61 I tell people I do my best to protect and support my skin, and when I prepare to go out for the day I look in the mirror and think “It is what it is, as good as it gets for me, and that’s good enough!!” I encourage you to follow suit, put a smile on your face, and walk in confidence because really your beauty is beyond skin deep!
I wish I could afford to have something done😒 At this time I will start putting money back and save. I will be back to see you! 😍
Leave a reply